Servicing Palm Beach , Martin and Broward County   /    Licensed, Bonded & Insured

Harmless Mold Levels in Your Home: Is There Really Such a Thing?

 

Do you think you have mold? We urge you to give us a call: (561) 247-3506

 

When you think about mold growths in your home, your mind might automatically scream, “Get it out of here!” That’s because, for most people, “mold” equals “bad”. And, rightfully so! Mold can create a lot of problems for you and your family if it gets out of control. It can cause health issues for those who are exposed to it. When this fungus grows in your home, there is no telling how much it will spread. You may start finding signs of growth in various areas of your home, including the basement, bathroom, and kitchen areas. Of course, no one wants to deal with the sicknesses that mold can cause. And, most people are just plain disgusted with the way this unsightly fungus looks inside the house. It’s no wonder people immediately try to remove it. But, since mold can’t actually be removed, it would seem that we have a problem. If we can’t completely remove it, doesn’t that mean mold spores are always present in our homes? Well, yes. But, it’s okay as long as the mold levels are at a good point.

Good vs. Bad Mold Levels

Harmless Mold Levels in Your Home: Is There Really Such a Thing?What? Did we just say that mold levels could be at a “good point”? Seems a little strange to use “mold levels” and “good” within the same sentence, doesn’t it? Well, the truth is that mold spores are constantly floating around. They’re all around us. Mold spores are outdoors. They’re also indoors. Yes, that means they’re also present inside of your home, even now. This mold, however, is not always something to fear. In fact, there are some kinds of mold that don’t harm you. But, there’s something you should know about when it comes to mold spores and growth. You see, if mold levels are fairly low in your home, they are less likely to harm you or your family members. However, if the levels of toxic mold begins to grow, you will definitely need to get help.

Toxic mold is the kind of mold you’ll need to watch out for. Black mold and other types of growths can cause illness in your body. Some reactions to mold growth might mimic allergy symptoms. So, it’s not always easy to tell whether a person is having a common reaction of if there’s something in the air that’s causing the individual to feel sick. It’s important to realize that increased mold levels in your home can definitely cause problems. So, you’ll need to keep an eye on the condition of your home.

Alright, let’s recap a little bit. We mentioned that lower mold levels may not cause harm to you or the other people in your house. This is true. But, if you or anyone else begins to feel ill, it may indicate that the levels have increased to a harmful level. If you start to experience symptoms like headaches and respiratory problems, you should look into it further. It may be time to ask a professional for help.

Remediation for Harmful Mold

Yes, it’s true that there are less harmful levels of mold spores. But, it’s important to realize that the levels are definitely capable of increasing. And, when those levels begin to grow, you could begin to deal with some issues in your home as a result. The best thing to do is get a professional mold remediation service to help you out. Here at A Plus Mold Remediation Inc., we know that mold can create dangerous living conditions for you and your family. So, we work to make sure your home is safe from harmful mold levels. If you think it’s time to check for mold growth or unhealthy levels of mold spores, please contact us today.