Getting Rid of the Mold Odor in Your House or Workspace


Do you think you have mold? We urge you to give us a call: (561) 247-3506


It’s not those smelly socks on the floor. Not the dirty laundry or the dog who needs a bath. It’s coming from somewhere else. But where? What is that horrible smell? You’ve looked all over the place but you’re not sure where to find the source of it! Perhaps it’s time to think of another option. Could it possibly be a mold odor that you’re smelling? It’s definitely not uncommon to smell mildew or mold in your home or place of work. But, it’s important to do something about it — and fast! Let’s talk about of few things you might do to get rid of the mold odor issue.

Why You Smell the Mold Odor

Getting Rid of the Mold Odor in Your House or WorkspaceThere are a couple of different reasons you might be smelling a mildew or mold odor in your space. Whether you smell it at home or at work, the reason could be a number of things. But, the main reason is a no-brainer. There are mold spores in the air and possibly mold growths in the area. You may actually smell the mold before you see any signs of it. You could feel the effects of it before you even realize there is mold in your home. In other words, you might notice that you are sniffling a lot and experiencing various allergy symptoms. You may assume that it’s simply an allergic reaction or a common cold. But, they could be signs of mold spores being present. And, although you’re actually feeling the effects of mold growth, you may not know it because you can’t actually see the mold spores floating around.

So, what causes the mold odor to become strong enough to smell? Well, the mold in your home or office is a fungus that actually produces different gasses. These smelly fumes are what cause the musty, mildew and mold smell to fill your unsuspecting nostrils. The reason they make people sick is that they’re actually toxic. They can cause serious health issues. These gasses often cause people to feel those symptoms we talked about a little earlier. They can also cause people to experience headaches, sinus infections, and even issues with digestion. So, it’s important to find out where the mold is and get rid of the mold odor as soon as you can.

Getting Rid of the Odor

Okay, so first things first. Get rid of the mold! You could use household remediation methods if you choose. But you should be aware of the fact that mold isn’t easy to get rid of. It takes time and, if it’s not done correctly, it can get worse. So, to avoid any further issues, you might want to call in the professionals. After the mold is remediated, things should be a lot better in your workspace or home. But, if some of the mold odor remains, you might try doing some deep cleaning in your home. Perhaps, try scrubbing various areas that are susceptible to mold growth. This includes kitchen and bathroom flooring, shower walls, counter spaces, window sills, and so forth. Do your best to keep those areas clean and free of excess moisture so that you can prevent mold from growing there.

You might also consider making sure that your furniture and baseboards are dry. If they aren’t, you might risk providing the perfect space for mold to grow. Beware of wet cloth items, too. Those can really bring mold into your area. Work on keeping ventilation good in your space. Use the A/C and ceiling fans to keep the air cool and dry. Warm, humid air is exactly what mold needs. So, keep your spaces free of those two things. Also, if you’re still smelling a mold odor, you may just need to allow your home to air out a little.

Mold remediation is no easy task. But, once it’s all done, your area should be clear of any mold odor or mildew smell. So, if you’re smelling some moldiness in your office or house, just give A Plus Mold Remediation Inc. a call today!