They’re not uncommon. You know, the runny nose. The congestion. That persistent headache. The itchy, watery eyes. The recurring sinus issues. Surely, these symptoms sound familiar to you. Chances are you have experienced one or two of them before, maybe even all of them. Do any of them sound like symptoms of a head cold or common cold? Do you think of them as pretty ordinary symptoms? If so, you’re not the only one who does. The truth is, they are fairly common and a lot of people deal with things like headaches or sinus problems on a regular basis. When the weather changes, some people can expect to feel stuffy or congested. When allergy season ramps up, some of these symptoms might appear. Then, there are stress headaches that come to annoy those who are feeling a bit of emotional pressure. There are simple explanations or all of these symptoms, right? Well, yes and no.
You see, the symptoms we just named could indeed by signs of a cold or something similar. It’s pretty common to feel these symptoms frequently. People experience them often enough to ward off any major concerns. But, what if we told you that there actually is a reason to be concerned about these symptoms? What if some people actually feel these symptoms for a reason besides a common cold? If you have been experiencing a cough, runny nose, lots of congestion, or a recurring headache, you might want to pay close attention to that. Yes, it’s true that you could be dealing with a head cold or something similar. But, these symptoms could actually indicate a much different issue. It is possible that these symptoms are actually the effects of mold exposure. And, if that’s the case, an aspirin or cold-treating medication won’t help to solve the problem for you.
The Effects of Mold Exposure
When a person is exposed to mold, he or she may show signs and symptoms that are pretty similar to those of a cold. That’s because a mold allergy can produce some of the same results as a common cold or other similar illness. Some of the common effects of mold exposure include runny noses, coughing, stuffy noses, itchy noses and throats, and watery or itchy eyes. This pretty much sounds like a head cold, right? Yes, it does. But, whenever you see these symptoms, you might want to think twice about simply treating them with cough syrup or a cold-treating pill. The person who is experiencing these issues might actually be showing signs of the effects of mold exposure. It is best to find out why the individual is feeling those symptoms before you write it off as a common cold! A home mold test might be in order.
But, how do you know whether the person has a cold or needs to be treated for mold exposure? What are some signs you should be looking for? Are there any specific symptoms of mold in the home? And, if you do find that exposure to this toxic stuff is the reason for your symptoms, how do you work to keep mold away from you and your loved ones? Let’s find out!
Common Cold or Exposure to Mold?
Okay, so you’re probably not interested in calling some mold specialists every single time you or a loved one starts coughing or dealing with post-nasal drip issues. In many cases, these symptoms are actually signs of a common cold. In some situations, people may have symptoms like excessive wheezing or other breathing problems. These could be due to asthma. But there are many cases in which a runny nose is an indication of something much more serious than a case of the sniffles. It’s true that coughing and wheezing are often results of asthma. But, it’s important to remember that the presence of mold could actually cause complications for those who have asthma. So, even if you have asthma and experience the asthma-related symptoms occasionally, it is still important to think about how mold and asthma can interact and cause problems. Keep this in mind as it might be in your best interest to find out if there’s mold in your home should your symptoms persist.
It’s not always easy to tell whether it is a cold or the effects of mold exposure just from the symptoms you’re feeling. It is especially difficult because the symptoms are often similar to the signs of a common cold. However, if you notice that the symptoms are persisting for a while, you may want to visit your doctor. It could mean that you are dealing with the effects of mold exposure. And, if that is the case, you definitely need professional help to fix the mold problem. Getting help in this area can prevent further health issues for you and others in your home.
As you seek medical attention in dealing with the effects of mold exposure, you should also get help from people who know how to handle the mold issue. Mold cannot be completely removed from your office or home because mold spores are literally everywhere. But you can certainly get the mold spore levels back under control with help from the pros. And, once the job is done, you can work to make sure your home is a safe and healthy environment for you and your family. It’s important to avoid creating the perfect conditions for mold growth so that you don’t have to worry about dealing with the effects of mold exposure in your home anymore.
What to Do About Symptoms of Mold in the Home or Office
So, you have found out that the various things you have been experiencing in your body are, in fact, signs of mold exposure. This information has left you wondering, “What now?” No doubt, you are currently wondering what you should do about the mold problem that is in your home. It can be even more difficult to know where to start when you don’t even see mold. You may be tempted to perform your own DIY home mold test which you purchased from a local shop. But, the truth of the matter is that, if your body is telling you that there is mold in your home or office, it means there is mold in your home! So, testing for mold may not be a necessary step for you to take. So, then what should you do? Maybe look up how to remove mold on the Internet? Eh, not quite!
DIY methods for mold removal are not really the most effective approaches. Many of them promise people mind-blowing results. They ensure us of the quick results we’ll get if we use those methods. They assure us that mold will no longer be a problem. But, in all honesty, these methods are pretty good at killing surface level mold. They can erase the appearance of old growth, taking away all visible signs of mold growth. But, that’s just it. DIY mold removal methods usually just remove the surface mold growths, making it seem like the mold is no longer there. But, just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there. And, if dangerous mold spore levels are still present in your home or office, you could continue to suffer from its effects. If you really want to know how to remove mold problems from your home, then you should call in the professionals.
Let A Plus Mold Remediation Inc. Help You Out!
Many times, people look for mold removal methods online in an effort to free themselves and their families from the effects of mold exposure. Although it’s good that you want to keep mold away from your home or office, it’s very important to go about it the right way. Again, a professional mold remediation company will be the most helpful option for you. But, how do you find a great business that will work quickly and efficiently to remove the threat of mold-related illness?
Well, if you are looking for some people who know how to take care of your mold remediation needs, you do not need to look any further. A Plus Mold Remediation Inc. is ready to take on the job! Just give us a call today or request an estimate on our website! Let us help you keep mold away from you and those around you!
**Originally posted October 18, 2018. Updated March 19, 2019.