Wondering if You Should Use a DIY Mold Test for Your House?


Do you think you have mold? We urge you to give us a call: (561) 247-3506


In most homes, there are things that get out of cater every once in a while. A pipe bursts. The faucet starts leaking. The bathtub drain gets clogged. Or, the garbage disposal sounds funny. Tasks and projects come up all the time. In this day and age, a lot of people are wondering if it’s better to get professional help or simply try to do the tasks themselves. You might say that this is the DIY Era. Most families are looking to save a little time or money these days. It’s a perfectly understandable approach; home repairs can be very expensive! Unfortunately, though, some do-it-yourself methods do more harm than good. Sometimes, it’s definitely better to look into getting some professional help to take care of things around the house. Mold testing and remediation are two things that should be left to the pros. Let us tell you a little bit about the disadvantages of using a DIY mold test as opposed to a professional mold testing business.

All About the DIY Mold Test

There are all sorts of different do-it-yourself mold testing methods out there. You can get a DIY mold test from your local hardware store. Or, you can purchase one online. There are plenty of tutorials and instructions around for homeowners to follow. It’s very easy to find out information about how to use a DIY mold test. There are a few different types of tests you can perform, including air tests and surface tests. Air tests are meant to help you find out more about the mold spore levels in your home. When the level of mold spores increases, the air can become toxic and dangerous for you and your family. You may not even be able to see mold growing in your house. But, if the spore levels are high enough, you will certainly feel the effects of it. When you perform a surface test, you get samples from surfaces in your home. The samples are then tested so that you can find out if there is mold in your house.

Do It Yourself or Professional?

Again, most people are concerned about saving a little time or money, and rightfully so! There will certainly be times when you can solve problems in the home on your own. Some of these opportunities will spare you a few dollars and a couple of hours. You’ll have your house back in order in no time! But, in some situations, it’s safer and better to ask for help from people who have had professional training and experience. Situations that involve mold might classify as moments when you should call in the pros. Although a DIY mold test might be less expensive than a professional testing, it may not be as accurate. With this lack of accuracy, you may end up spending more money and time in the long run. You might perform more tests than necessary or decide to get a professional opinion afterward. But, you can skip all of the trial and error by simply reaching out to a trustworthy, efficient, and knowledgeable mold specialist service!

Here at A Plus Mold Remediation Inc., we know that your time and fund are important to you. We also know that the health of your family members is even more valuable to you. So, we take all of these things into consideration. If you think there might be a mold growth problem in your house, don’t settle for the possibility that a DIY mold test is correct. Let the pros help you out! For more information about our services, just contact us today!